Saturday, August 25, 2012

5K!

Chevy and I finished our 5K today! It was lots of fun (once we were done with the running part : ). When I walked in after the race the first thing Chris asked me was "Did you win?". I told him I wasn't the first person to cross the finish line, so he looked disappointed and said, "Oh, so you lost." He is definitely a Crum, if you're not first you're last, right guys? 

We got brunch with Chevy and Tom after the race. Chris ate his weight in a salmon omelet, and Bryce ate French fries and ketchup. I'm very much hoping Bryce grows out of his picky phase. After we got home we all took some serious naps. The bottom picture is Chris with his name he drew all by himself on the iPad. It's amazing how much more interested in writing he is when I let him do it on the iPad instead of paper. His writing has really improved since he beginning of the summer.We're super proud of him. 



2 comments:

Mariko said...

WOW!! Congratulations Amy and Chevy!! I'm pretty sure you both are the first Crums to ever RUN a 5K... So, winner of the race? No. But, winning in the Crum family? YES! Make sure Chris understands that if you can't beat everyone else, you at least have to beat your family members;) haha, JK.

Amy said...

Ha ha! I'll let him know (from how he acts with Bryce, I think he already knows : ).