Friday, January 14, 2011

A Day in the Life of Chris

Warning: This post is excessively long and contains mundane details of our everyday life. Just throwing that out there before you start reading.

Our days go by so fast around here. I thought I'd capture what it is we do all day, so we can remember what it was like. I took a picture at the top of every hour, here goes...

7:00 a.m.
Good morning, sunshine! No matter what time it is, Chris always wakes up in a good mood.
p.s. I love footie jammies!

8:00 a.m.
Breakfast. Are you wondering what's on his plate? Cheerio sandwiches (Cheerios with cream cheese between them.) Conan invented them, and now it's impossible to eat plain Cheerios. Thanks Dad : ).

9:00 a.m.
Chris catching a few cartoons while mom gets ready to go. No, he doesn't normally stand that close to the tv.

10:00 a.m.
Here we are at the doctor's office. Chris has gone to every one of my OB appointments. He is always ridiculously good. I'm sure the special snacks and books I bring along help, but I think he just knows what the alternative is (babysitter, gasp!) and stays on his best behavior. It's also an office full of ladies who love him, so that makes it a little easier.

11:00 a.m.
Lunch. I had to fast for this appointment. When we got home I was starving, so we ate lunch earlier than normal. Chris is in a really good eating phase, which makes life much easier on Mom and Dad.

12:00 p.m.
Still eating. How is that even possible? To be fair, we did have a potty break and a clean up all of the water we spilled break. He was in super silly mode by this time, so I was just trying to get a few more bites down him by this time.

1:00 p.m.
Reading before nap time. This is one of his favorites, Alphabet Adventure. The reason he likes it so much is because the capital T is in charge of all of the letters in the book. It was a good two weeks late to the library (Oops. No worries, I returned it today!).

2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Napping. I wanted to get a picture of how adorable he looks in his new big kid, twin bed, but no way am I waking him up during his nap! I'll post pics of his new bed soon, though.

4:00 p.m.
Sticker time! Santa found these awesome alphabet stickers for Christmas. Conan always laughs when he gets home because both of us are usually covered in letter stickers. I've definitely been known to go out and public with letters all over myself and not even realize it.

5:00 p.m.

NY Kids Club! Chris loves it here. It's just all kid sized equipment with balls and padded walls. The kids go totally nuts. Chris pretty much just jumps on the trampoline the. entire. time.

6:00 p.m.
Quick grocery store run on the way home. Chris and I are slightly addicted to clementine oranges. It's my fault. I ate so many when I was pregnant with him I had to make sure there wasn't some weird clementine + pregnancy toxicity. We go through a bag every couple of days and needed to replenish : ).

7:00 p.m.
This is the standard mom makes dinner, while Chris goes through/wears everything in the kitchen cabinets hour.

8:00 p.m.
Dinner with Dad! It's always more entertaining when Dad comes home. There was definitely some singing going on when I took this picture, I wish I could remember the song!

9:00 p.m.
Our sweet neighbor, Jo surprised us with some cookies after dinner. She stayed for some tea and Chris got to tell her all of his stories. She brought him a lollipop, so he was over the moon.
Then, it was bedtime routine and night, night for our exhausted Little Guy!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Loved reading and seeing about your day! You'll love to be able to look back on your days right before there were 4 of you!