Monday, June 15, 2009

History Museum, Take 2

On Friday our friends Andrea and Jason from church invited us to the Natural History Museum. Their son, Oliver, is 8 months old. Christopher and I survived the long subway trek to the museum and had a great time. We were there once before when Christopher was tiny with Grandpa Crum and Chevy. I think we both got a little more out of it this time, as I wasn't a terrified mom any more, and Christopher can hold up his head now. 

Most of the time, the boys stared at each other or the bazillion other kids there on summer field trips. I think Christopher liked the cool frog exhibit and the EXTREME mammals were fun too. I'm not sure he quite grasped the concept of dinosaurs, but in the picture below he looks like he's doing "so big". The last picture is us by the bear bones (creepy, I know). Conan has taught Christopher to growl like a bear. It's hilarious. He now does it when he sees bear pictures in his books, when Conan says bear, and even when he gets frustrated with something. We got one little growl out of him at the museum, but I think he really just likes to save the growling for when Dad's around. 

After the museum we ate at the Shake Shack. They had the most delicious burgers. Normally when I give Christopher meat he spits it out and gives it back to me. He gave up being a vegetarian baby for these delicious burgers. We had a great time at the museum and can't wait to take Dad soon. I'll post more about the rest of our weekend later today.




No comments: