Friday, October 3, 2008

You Can't Spoil a Baby









Ever since Christopher was born the nurses and pediatricians have told us that you can't spoil a baby who is younger than 6 months old. They say babies don't have the long term memory to know what happens from time to time, so you aren't "teaching them a lesson" when you make them soothe themselves.

While I'm not sure I buy that little guy doesn't have this memory, I love it! We can pick him up as soon as he does a little whimper, or hold him as much as we want. It's my favorite to let him nap on my lap when he doesn't want to sleep on his own, get him a toy every time we go to Baby's R Us, and celebrate each one month birthday. I know things will have to change a little in a few months, but we are loving every second of spoiling our baby while we can. 


1 comment:

laurenc_atx said...

Cute! Good to know Amy! Hope it's true but does that mean at 6 months you have to start with "tough love"? I'd have a hard time making the switchover!