Thursday, October 30, 2008

Weekend with Rachon










We had lots of visitors last weekend. Rachel and Jason came up from Georgia. This was their first time to meet Christopher and he loved hanging out with them. It was nice for him to get a little more redhead exposure : ).  
Tim was here for a business trip, so he and his brother and his brother's girlfriend came over for dinner on Thursday. Christopher slept through most of it, so it was nice for me to have a whole block of adult conversation at one time. We had a great evening. 

Saturday was pretty rainy and 
windy, so we didn't want to take the little guy outside. Rachel and Jason went and explored the city. Apparently they found a fishing store, which I have a feeling we will be checking out in the near future. That evening we got barbeque take-out. It was actually pretty tasty (although maybe I shouldn't be the judge, Rachel and I just got salads). On Sunday the boys went out fishing. Rachel and I walked over to the Magnolia bakery. Sarah joined us for the most delicious cupcakes. I'm sure if Christopher could talk he would be very upset that he had to be at the girl's day. He'll be out fishing with Dad soon enough, I'm glad he hung out with us. There was a Halloween festival going on, so we got to see lots of kids in really cute Halloween costumes. We went back to Sarah's apartment for a little while. Rachel saw a TV star in Sarah's complex (someone on 30 Rock- I can't remember who it it- sorry Rachel). Christopher got to play Rock Band. It was a fun visit. After that Rachel and I went to a little deli and got some delicious sandwiches before we took the subway over to Central Park. It was a gorgeous day out and everyone was a the park. We saw a strange Halloween themed skating party, a fancy band playing for peo
ple to dance to, wedding pictures being taken and gorgeous fall leaves. I can't get over how pretty fall is here! That evening Conan's Aunt Nancy, and cousin Charity came over. The were in town for a conference and wanted to see Christopher. He had just woken up and he was a bit of a pout-face, but I think they still enjoyed seeing him. It was nice to get to visit with family for a while. 

Christopher's newest thing is grabbing everything. His favorite is to grab your face when you are close to him. He really likes it when he can stick his hand in your mouth. When I was changing him in the park he reached over and grabbed a chunk of grass and dirt. I think I'm going to need to start child proofing soon! He can now stick his foot in his mouth. This one caught me off guard. He chews on his toes. At first I thought it was disgusting, but he's not walking so his feet aren't on the ground, so it's okay- right? Silly kid. He also gives hugs now. I know it's not a real hug, but when you hold him close he puts both of his arms around you really tight. It's great. 









4 comments:

Unknown said...

i really enjoy your blog! Did you guys have a good halloween?

Amy said...

We did. Christopher was a fish. I hope you had a fun one too!

Bizibit said...

I can't wait to come visit...though I don't think it will be in Jan. anymore :-(

Rachel said...

How cute!