Friday, September 26, 2008

Long walk, longer week








  

















Last Saturday Conan and I decided to take a walk together instead of going to the gym. There's a path down the East River, so we thought we would try it out. It's a great view and there are all sorts of parks and sights to see along the way. The weather was perfect and the strolling rocked Christopher to sleep so we just kept walking. Once we got a ways down the path we kept seeing things we wanted to walk to and eventually got all the way to the Brooklyn Bridge. It was neat to see the bridge from that angle and we got to see the waterfalls display up close. We also saw lots of people fishing, so I know what Conan will be bringing next time we go out there. It felt like we had gone a long way, (especially trying to catch up to Conan's pace) so we looked up the distance when we got home and it was 6 miles! I thought that would be a one time walk, but Conan's already planning on walking down to the tip of the island and going to Battery Park. I might need to negotiate for a cab home after that one.

That afternoon we went and watched Dax play BYU (Go Cowboys!). Christopher was wide awake during the whole thing since he had gotten such a long nap in the stroller. It was quite a task trying to distract him from the big screens that are on every wall. It's crazy how he just wants to stare at the screen- and that's the last thing I want my 3 month old doing. I figure we should wait until he's at least out of diapers before we let him watch football at the bar. He was pretty disappointed milk wasn't on tap that day. 

With all of the Wall Street craziness this week, Conan had to work super long hours. It was also really rainy and chilly at the end of the week, so it felt like this week went on forever. Christopher and I did go on one little adventure. Thursday after story time Christopher looked like he needed a nap, but I could tell he was going to fight it. I decided I would force nap him by walking him to sleep. I hadn't seen the empire state building yet, and I had a coupon for a free tasti d-lite ice cream there, so we headed over. The walk there is fun, since the building is massive you see it the whole time until you get there. We went inside to check it out (and get my free ice cream of course), but we waited to go up to the top until Conan's with us. I can't wait to see the view!

I really feel like the little guy is understanding everything much better. I sit down in front of him and talk and I feel like he's trying really hard to say words back. He loves to laugh with Dad. Conan rocks him and does this little dance that makes Christopher crack up every time. He threw his first big kid fit this week... He has a little cradle cap left so I put cream on his head and then a hat before he goes to sleep. When I went to put the hat on he was really tired and gave me a huge lower lip pout and then threw both of his legs down so hard multiple times- it made the whole bed shake. I couldn't help but laugh at the poor kiddo. I think that was just a little preview of what we have coming when he's a toddler: ).

1 comment:

Mary said...

your blog make me lol, "He was pretty disappointed milk wasn't on tap that day." The slamming both legs down, yeah! I don't think I could do that; working those strong tummy muscles!