Wednesday, July 30, 2008

6 Week appointment






Christopher and I went to his pediatrician appointment today for his 6 week visit. It was just about half a mile away, so we just walked. I had to take him a couple of weeks ago for a goopy eye (turns out it wasn't anything but a blocked tear duct) and he screamed the whole way back in the cab, so I decided we would try the walking. He did great at the visit. He had to get one shot, but he was a champ. Conan and I made bets on his weight before the visit. I went with 9 # 14 oz. and Conan thought 10# 2 oz. Boy were we wrong. He weighed 11# 11 oz. That's big- he jumped from the 50% to 75% in 4 weeks. I guess all of those constant feedings in the middle of the night have paid off. He's starting to smile more- not at us yet, but just randomly- especially right about time to eat. He tracked Conan walking across the room last Friday and he's really holding his head up a lot better. 

So it's been a couple of weeks since we got our things. We just have a few boxes left. Three of them are the boxes of strangers that they accidentally delivered to our place. They haven't been able to find the owners of the boxes yet, so we're stuck with them. Other than that, the move when really smoothly. They broke our crock pot, but that was it. I've never been so grateful for a bed after sleeping on the ground for a week. 

We're starting to get settled into NY. Christopher and I have been exploring around  our neighborhood. We've gone to the grocery stores, the drug stores, and of course the Duncan Donuts for coffee. The three of us went to church on Sunday. We went to the 9:00 service and there were only 6 of us in the whole service. We got to talk with the Pastor quite a bit- it was nice. On Saturday we took the Subway to Midtown so I could see where Conan's office is. We learned that the Subway is a disaster with a huge stroller. We had to haul it up and down stairs and it wouldn't fit in turnstile, so we had to take it through the emergency exit (yes, sirens went off and everyone stared at us). Once we made it there we had a great time. We got off at Grand Central Station and then we walked around the city and saw tons of the tourist spots... Rockefeller Center, Broadway, Times Square, Central Park. I don't think I've ever seen so many people squished on one street. It was pretty overwhelming with a baby, but I'm so glad I got to see it all. I can't wait to go explore with the little guy once he gets older. 

1 comment:

Bizibit said...

what a stinkin' cute little man!!!!k