Tuesday, July 15, 2008

First Week in NYC




We're here! The much anticipated move happend last Tuesday. The movers packed everything up on Monday and we arrived to NY the next day. Our things, unfortunately have not. We are living on an air mattress and in 3 plastic chairs- which we found at the "super store" down the street and were very greatful for. It has been quite an adjustment- not only the new city, but also life with a 4 week old.

Christopher has been great through all of this. He was an angel on the plane and is doing quite well with his pallet of blankets we've made for him until we get his bed here. The move has definately altered his sleep schedule. We went from almost making it 6 hours without waking up to waking up every 2 hours on the dot. Last night when he woke up at 4am I fed him, changed him, rocked him, walked him and nothing, wide awake- big, beautiful blue eyes started at me, wide awake. It's been that way for the past few nights, so I'm afraid it's his new schedule.

I've found that New Yorkers love a tiny baby (who doesn't). The first night we were here Sarah and I left Christopher with Conan so we could find an air pump for our air mattress (the one we had shipped here only worked with a car cigarette lighter- we figured we shouldn't hail a cab to blow up our bed). People were so rude, I wanted to hop back on the plane back to TX that night. But now, when I walk around with the baby everybody stops to talk and couldn't be nicer. I actually had a lady tell me yesterday not to trip while I'm holding him. Too funny.

No comments: