Monday, June 14, 2010

Texas, the beach




Conan and I took Christopher to the Galveston beach during our big trip. We had to start off our morning with something that we can't get in NYC... Jack in the Box!

I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since we took this picture...

The more things change, the more they stay the same, right?
That was before I started blogging, but long story short we had to escape our apartment because we ran our self clean oven before our move here and our place got so smoky we were afraid for our child's lungs. Thus, we ended up at Jack in the Box, with a 2 week old, who had just peed all over his Dad.

Okay, back to Texas!
Here's Chris in his carseat, telling us all about it. He was not so sure about being buckled in a seat for our half hour drive to Galveston. I think he was saying, "I want to ride the subway!"

Okay, now he's free. Dad was putting on his fishing gear, so Chris decided to take control of the radio. I didn't get any fishing pictures. The LG was not feeling the watching Dad fish. He desperately wanted to jump in the water so bad he couldn't stand it.

So, we took him to the beach! He loved the sand. The water was unbelievable, I forgot how warm Texas beach water is. It was the perfect day. (Minus a sunburn by my poor husband who waited about 5 minutes to put sunscreen on after we got to the beach). Texas, your sun is brutal!






No comments: