Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had such a great first Mother's Day! Conan let me sleep in (Christopher has decided we need a wake-up call at 5 am every morning now). Then we went to church. Christopher got to see his little friend Ollie. They just stared at each other through the service. It kept the LG occupied, so Conan and I both got to hear the sermon. Conan got us Dunkin Donuts on our way home. My favorite! 

After Christopher woke up from his nap (well, and Mom and Dad), we went to the playground. He just loves the swings. He thinks it's the best when Dad pushes him.


His new favorite is the turtle. Of course he can't just sit on it. He likes to climb up to the top and stand. He can even make it rock himself. We got some sliding in too. No picture there, as we had a little baby injury before Mom could get the camera out. 



We got sushi for dinner (delicious!). The best part was Christopher was so good at the restaurant. We sat outside and I think he had a good time watching people walk by. He was also hamming it up with all of the other people eating there. He has the cutest smile now that he has those top teeth (he got them at the beginning of April, if I haven't mentioned it before). He ate steamed veggies and we discovered he loves rice. 



I had such a great day. Conan's mom was saying she likes Mother's Day better than her birthday, and I would have to agree. It's nice to get to celebrate with all the other Mamas out there! I'm so thankful for my wonderful little guy and my big guy who made it such a special day!



2 comments:

Bizibit said...

what a fun fun day!

Mary said...

Glad ya'll had such a great day! Happy (belated) Mother's Day!
Sincerely,
Mary