Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our new favorite toy

Christopher's Great-Grandpa Vonderhaar sent him his first check in the mail a few weeks ago. He said I should go buy him a new toy with it. Christopher did not object. We got him a sports activity center that has a basketball goal, a baseball that spins and a football that twirls around (Conan's not going to be happy I used twirl to talk about a football- I'm not sure how else to describe it though). When we first got it home Christopher thought the box was his toy.




Then I opened it and he thought the instruction manual was one of the best things he'd ever played with.



At first he was a little apprehensive, but then he realized he could attack the basketball goal and it became lots of fun. 

I put the bat off to the side because I thought he was too little to play with it yet. I was wrong. We were playing hide and go seek, where I go in one room and he comes to find me. I always know he's coming because I hear the pitter patter of little hands on our wood floors. All of a sudden I heard pitter... clunk, pitter... clunk. He was crawling with the bat in one hand. I guess he likes it. 




No comments: