Monday, March 23, 2009

9 Months

Last week Christopher turned 9 months old! We went to his check-up on Thursday and Dr. Julie said he's doing great. He's 29 3/4" long which is almost the 95%. He's still our little skinny minny though. He's 18# 1oz. - 75% for weight, but only 10% on weight for length. Dr. Julie said we don't have to worry about it too much. She said we should just start feeding him whatever we eat. He seems to be liking this much more. He loves Cheerios. I can't believe the power that cereal has over babies. He can be screaming and I just put a couple on his tray and he stops everything and starts putting them in his mouth. We had some babies over for a play group a couple of weeks ago and they all did the same thing. I really think Christopher would sit in his high chair all day long and eat Cheerios if I'd let him.

Since Conan had to bulk up all of the time for football back in college, he's taken on this Christopher gaining weight thing. I started with avocado- I thought it was a great idea, some good fat, lots of calories. Conan decided butter is the answer. At first he wanted 1/4 stick every day. I've talked him down to a little less than that. We've been doing ground beef and little pieces of our vegetables. I think we're also going to try some hard boiled egg yolk. He's really enjoying the grown up food. I'll keep you posted on how the weight gain is coming along. Any ideas for other high calorie foods babies like?


His eye brows aren't really that red- I think there's squash in them.

 
He loves to point. 


One of our first Cheerios experiences. 
"I can't believe you've been giving me pureed squash when you've had these all along".



No comments: