Friday, February 27, 2009

Can I just buy him a helmet?



Conan's answer to this question was a resounding no. I am going to have to figure something out or I am going to develop some sort of condition. Christopher is pulling up on everything now. Of course he chooses the wobbliest things to use for balance. I try to direct him to our more stable furniture- like the couch or arm chair. He likes the jumperoo that shakes violently every time you barely touch it, or the ottoman with wheels. I'd even be okay with that, except he thinks he can balance perfectly. He gets up on his knees and just lets go, sometimes catching himself, sometimes not. I read that they should be fine as long as they cry after they fall, otherwise you have to worry about a concussion. A concussion?! He's only 8 months old. I should not be having to worry about this until at least preschool! I put in a CD of nursery rhymes this morning and he pulled up all the way to his feet to see what was going on. I'm sure this is just going to get more scary! I just think I would feel better if he had a little protection for his head. I might have to revisit that helmet idea with Conan : ). 

1 comment:

Bizibit said...

just tell conan you are preparing him for some longhorn football :-D