Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chinatown

We took a self guided food tour of Chinatown a few weeks ago. We packed about a week's worth of calories in one morning, but it was oh so worth it. We took a bus all the way down, which is always an adventure in itself.

We started with dumplings (yes, it was 9 in the morning). They were so good that we ate them before I even thought to get the camera out. The LG loved them, which is saying a lot for our little vegetarian.

Next we moved on to the Donut Planet. The creme brulee donut was described to me as the best donut combined with the best creme brulee she's ever had. I would second that. They were amazing! Here's Dad and Christopher waiting in line.


I was trying to get a shot of the LG and donut and right as I tried to take it he leaned down for his first bite. Needless to say, he was a fan.

Ok, here's the shot I was going for, only with a bite already taken out.
We tried to get a bialys from a place that's supposed to have the best in NYC, but it was closed because it was Saturday. It was fun to see all of the sites of Chinatown. I'm excited to go back again and try some of the restaurants we missed (and maybe pick out a purse or two : ) )

No comments: