Thursday, September 17, 2009

15 Months

Christopher had his 15 month check up today. He's doing great. He was surprisingly better during the weighing and measuring this time than last. The nurse was so smart and gave him a couple of tongue depressors to play with. You know how he loves sticks. He weighed 21# and 11 oz which was in the 15%- moving on up from the 10% that he was in at 12 months when he weighed 19# and 4 oz (sorry for the details, I just want to remember these things and I haven't written them anywhere else). He was 32 & 1/4" which was 80%. At 12 months he was 31".

Dr. Julie went through the normal milestone questions with us. By the way, the words he knows so far our Ba for ball and ba ba for bottle, mama, dada, dog, light, and wawa for water.

When she got to asking us if he could scribble I said I wasn't really sure because I knew he would just put whatever writing utensil I gave him in his mouth. She then preceded to tell me a story about a girl she knew who's daughter ate a box of crayons without her knowing about it until she started pooping a rainbow. I laughed, but thought how could you let your kids eat crayons? You probably know what's coming... Yes, so I bought the LG a box of crayons on the way home. When we got home I let him color. Of course he just tried to chew on them most of the time. I wouldn't let him, he got upset, end of coloring (I thought). I was packing up for our vacation that's coming up and left Christopher in his room for about a minute. He was pretty quiet, so I went to check on him. He was in the corner with a completely blue mouth. As soon as I walked in he opened his mouth and bits of blue wax just poured out of it. The stinker had snuck a crayon! At least I had just had the conversation with Dr. J to know it was "safe" for him to eat. I cleared out as much as I could and made him brush his teeth and drink some water. I think I'll have some fun diapers coming up soon too.

Unfortunately I was too shocked to take a picture of the LG covered in blue. Here are some pics from our Long Island City trip we just took with Michelle and Max.



No comments: