Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cowboy Birthday Party!

We had so much fun at Christopher's 1st birthday party. It was cowboy themed in honor of his Texas roots. I don't think the LG knew quite what to expect. His little friends just kept showing up at the door. He kept leaving the room and we had to remind him the party was for him :-). Here he is in the adorable cowboy shirt that Rachel made him. How cute is it! Rachel does it all, but I didn't realize she was a seamstress also! 

We got cowboy hats and bandanas for all of the kids. None of them were big fans. I took this picture before he realized it was on. 

Rachel also made us this matching towel. Perfect! (Don't be too impressed by me for those cookies- my neighbor Jo made them for us).

Here's the LG hanging with Grandpa. He let him play with his favorite toy- a water bottle. Unfortunately we had to do a little outfit change. (Do you other Mamas have to change your kiddos clothes about ten times a day also?)

Christopher's girlfriends- Cori with Caitlin and Jessica with Grace. They are precious! 

Our friends Michelle and Rob with their son Max. Michelle's from Texas too. I could tell Max was really feeling the cowboy theme. 

Silvia and Brian with precious Madeline. How cute is she?

Oliver. His family goes to church with us. He and Christopher are best buds. 

Family shot.

Here's the amazing train cake that Conan made. The Crum family has a tradition of making a train cake for first birthdays. Conan's Grandpa has made countless cakes for all of his grandkids and so Conan emulated one for Christopher. It turned out great. I think Conan could go into business if he ever gets tired of Wall Street.

Christopher all cowboyed up. I can't believe he wasn't happier to be dressed up.

The three of us.

Singing. I love the look on his face- You're not going to try to get me to eat cake again are you?

Oh- it's chocolate, that I can do.

Christopher with the giant horse. 

Here he is hanging with Grammie after his big day. 

We all had so much fun at Christopher's party. Thanks to everyone who helped to make our Little Guy's day so special!

No comments: