Friday, April 24, 2009

Week with my Mom






The day after Mariko left, my mom got into town. Christopher was so excited to see her and started searching for her jewelry to pull on as soon as she held him. The weather was much nicer than the last time she was here, so we got to do a lot more things around the city. Christopher put up with us dragging him around the city much better this time also : ). 

We took him to our diner and he actually got to eat there for the first time. It was a little messy, but we all survived. We also went to the green market at Union Square and got plants and tulips (which Christopher was a big fan of). Over the weekend we all went to the Guggenheim. I think the actual building is the best part of the museum. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and is a big spiral you walk through to see the art. There were some neat exhibits, and some pretty crazy ones. There was one with so many flashing lights and strange sounds I couldn't even take Christopher in it (Conan happily stayed outside with him for that one).

My mom, Christopher, and I went to Midtown to see Conan during the week. While we were there we saw the Top of the Rock- best view of the city ever. There's big glass panes to look out of instead of bars and there's lots of room, so everyone can see the view (unlike the Empire State building). Christopher liked it because the elevator has lots of lights on the way up. We stopped at St. Patrick's Cathedral on the way home. I couldn't go in that church enough. It's so gorgeous and peaceful. It's crazy that it's right in the middle of the Midtown madness. 

We had such a good time with my mom in town. We can't wait for her to come back and see us again soon.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi,sweetie,
This is wonderful -- I love looking at the photos and remembering our time together. I can't wait to come back! Mom

Bizibit said...

such a cute baby boy!