Friday, December 5, 2008

Weekend with the Sisters


























Conan's sister, Chevon had an information session for NYU grad school, so she and Mariko came to see us this week. Mariko hadn't seen Christopher since he was first born and they both couldn't believe how big he's gotten. It was so nice to have family in town and Christopher had a great time with them. 

The crazy girls took the red eye on Wednesday and got here early Thursday morning. After short naps we went to Curly's for lunch. It's a great vegetarian restaurant that will probably never let me back in : ). It's a tiny place and my stroller took up most of the restaurant. About half way through lunch I realized I was wearing a rabbit fur vest (don't judge... it's freezing here). If that wasn't bad enough I didn't realize how terribly inappropriate my conversation about the pig shoulder I had just cooked was until the vegetarian guy turned around and gave me the worst look. Luckily we had Christopher there to redeem us. He was quiet and adorable, so I think people forgot how ridiculous his mom is. After lunch the girls shopped at Union Square and I (of course) fed Christopher at Babies R Us. 

Conan took Friday off and we all went to Midtown. We walked around Times Square. It was really cold so we had to take a few indoor breaks at the M&M store and St. Patrick's Cathedral. I can't believe how gorgeous the church is. We also got to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center lit up. The decorations around town are amazing. The cold weather really makes it feel like Christmas. On Saturday we all went downtown. We got to see Trinity church, which is amazing. Conan also gave the girls the Wall Street tour. The stock exchange is even decorated for Christmas! We were trying to get a picture of the three of us for our Christmas card, but Christopher kept falling asleep. He literally fell asleep for one picture as Mariko took it. 

We got breakfast at our favorite diner on Sunday before Mariko and Chevon left. It was the first time since we've been here that it snowed. We didn't take Christopher outside since it was so cold, but we videotaped him by the window. That afternoon we got a Christmas tree. I had never gotten a real tree before, so it was fun to pick it out. Christopher was asleep during the whole thing, but this afternoon when it was delivered he was very intrigued. He just stared at the guy who brought it in and then the rest of the evening he would stop what he was doing and look at it. We are so excited for Little Guy's first Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!! I am jealous that Christopher gets to have a snowy Christmas :) I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday! I love reading about how y'all are doing up there. Merry Christmas!