Friday, September 7, 2012

Last Day Before the First Day

Chris starts school on Monday. All day. I'm trying not to get too emotional over it, it's only Pre-K, but this really does seem like the beginning of real school. Forever. I think it will be good for everyone. Chris knows almost everyone in his class, and I think he'll learn lots. Bryce spent a lot of his first year in the stroller being hauled back and forth. I'm excited to have some one on one time with Bryce that lasts longer than a few minutes before we have to go back to pick Chris up. It's still hard to think that my little guy is going to be in school full time from now on until he leaves for college. Okay, I promise, that's the last of my drama! Kindergarten will be a breeze for us next year : ).

We had a fun day to celebrate our last weekday of summer! We took the East River ferry to the Brooklyn Bridge park this morning. Here's a good ferry shot. Are my boys actually getting easier to take pictures of? I think they might be. It wasn't completely impossible to get the two of them smiling here. Crossing my fingers for an easier Christmas card pic this year!










'







Maybe not, I forgot how not easy this picture was.  It was such a perfect backdrop, and the boys would not even look at the camera in unison. That is until they discovered how fun it was to throw gravel at Mom. I clicked this right as I was about to run away.



The best part of the park? The new carousel! Everyone was very excited. We rode it twice, but I think Chris could have ridden it all day. Before they let us on we had to wait for what looked like a marching band to finish practice playing while riding. Seriously. I think they were either practicing for a concert or a music video? No idea, but it was very entertaining to watch them play their instrument and ride around on the carousel. The boys were not amused. They were itching for some horse time.

Here's Bryce!
I rode on it too once it started. Couldn't let the boys have all the fun!

Bryce fell asleep as soon as the ride was over, so we got some good Mom and Chris time in. 

PB & J for lunch (that would actually be sunflower seed butter, we're practicing for our nut free school next year).

Ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream. I'm usually not an ice cream connoisseur, but man was that good.
Turtle at the playground!


Happy last day of summer, little guy! You are going to be an amazing Pre-Kindergartener! We love you!

No comments: